Monday, October 17, 2011

The Twelfth Enchantment by David Liss

Even though no one reads this but me I have to apologize for completely defaulting on my blog! I let the fact that I am not getting tons of feedback and followers discourage me ( by tons I really mean absolutely zero) but really I am doing this for me. I have a true passion for reading, I love to write and as most of my friends and family would tell you I love to share my opinion. So I am rededicating myself to this blog. I am going to share the books I love, the books I hate and everything in between. Even if I am the only one that ever sees the damn blog!


So to kick it back off I am going to give a review for a book I didn't just like but I LOVED! I literally could not put this book down, amazing characters, amazing writing, amazing plot basically the book was amazing.

The Twelfth Enchantment by David Liss 


The story takes place in early 1800 England and is centered around a destitute orphan named Lucy Derrick who is the unwanted house guest of her greedy and grumpy uncle. The story really began when a mysterious and more importantly cursed stranger stumbled to Lucy's home to warn her not to marry the local mill owner. Lucy proceeds to rid him of the curse that drove him to her and discovers that the mysterious stranger is the notorious ladies man Lord Byron.

Lord Byron is convinced he loves Lucy but unwilling to denounce is wild ways he asks Lucy to forget her already questioned morals and be his lover but not his wife. Enter the other swoon worthy male lead Jonas Morrison, a man from Lucy's past with questionable motives.

What follows is a war between two worlds; the industrial and the world of the working man with a liberal dose of magic thrown into the mix. All of this is swirling around Lucy and she is brought to face where her loyalties lie, as well as her trust and her heart.

Lucy Proves to be an Austen worthy heroine and Lord Byron and Jonas Morrison prove to be very Willobey Vs. Colonel Brandon. The book is full of adventure, intrigue, romance and sacrifice. As far as magical books go my heart still belongs to Harry Potter but The Twelfth Enchantment is worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment